CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 28, 2012

So This Crazy Journey Begins....With an Intro and TWO FREEBIES!

Hello all...I am so excited, I can hardly stand it.  So for the first month of my summer vacation, I have been blog stalking.  And when I say blog stalking...I mean it.  I never knew all of the great resources out there for teacher that others are willing to share.  Now I know that you may be thinking, "What, you don't share?"  I share all the time with a few of my undergrad classmates, my co-workers and even with teacher I meet at workshops.  And it hit me that maybe I should expand my sharing (mom always said it was nice to share) to others, as well as connect and learn in the process.  So here's the blog.  It's a win, win!

Now I am not perfect by any means.  I am still learning, but throughout my first year (which was last year), I learned so much.  It was an up and down roller coaster.   I work at a Title I school where over 90% of our students are on free lunch.  Now I am not saying this to get your pity....I LOVE IT!  I wouldn't be anywhere else right now and I MEAN THAT!  I love when my students learn and want to be more than what they see around them and that makes all the added stress worthwhile.  This is my second year and I am so EXCITED.  More excited than my first year...maybe because last year I was stressing...first year teacher jitters!  Well, I am excited about sharing many ideas and resources.  I have completely transformed my teaching style this year, well not completely...but I will be implementing workshops in every subject I teach.  It is so much work planning and preparing for these workshops, but I know my students will gain more from it.  So stick around for that.

So I wanted to start off by sharing two wonderful freebies with you all out here in blog world.  The first on is the mania we call BOGGLE.  I created this because I couldn't find one that matched my color scheme.  So dots and colors had to be made.  :-)  With this freebie you get the title, two recording sheets, letters and blank sheets.  Enjoy.  To grab this, just click the picture below.

My next freebie, I so cannot take credit for.  This game was actually adapted from the ever great math game floating around, "Math It UP!". (check out the creator Live, Laugh, and Love to Learn).  I wanted to do this game, but wanted to use it with more basic math skills and not have to change out the title every time.  So, I made interchangeable header cards and gave the game a general name, "Math It UP!"  So now I can just change the header for the skill I want my students to work on.  This game includes title, four headers (addition, multiplication, subtraction, and division), numbers cards (1-99), blank cards, and recording sheet.  To grab this game, just click on the picture below.


 Hope you enjoy both of the games and be sure to follow my blog.  I have many ideas to share and can't wait to share them with you!  And don't forget to Button Up! (grab my button)




16 comments:

  1. Thanks for the freebies! Your blog looks great. New follower here and would love for you to drop by my blog sometime!

    Brandi
    Success in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the math game! Thanks for the freebie! Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both of these!! They coordinate to the theme I want to have for my classroom this upcoming year as well! I'm moving from 1st grade to 4th grade, and to a new district, so I'm ready for a fresh start!!

    I'm your newest follower...stop by my blog too if you have a chance! :)

    Stephanie
    Maestra Bilingue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining my Newbie Blog Hop! I had no idea it would take off like it did! I absolutely love the Boggle and Math It Up freebies! I have a polka dot theme, so this fits in perfectly! Thank you so much!!!

    Grade Three is the Place for Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these freebies. New follower, can't wait to see what else you will do!

    Julie
    Math is Elementary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I came here from Sucess In Second Grade. Thank you so much for sharing your work! I am subscribed to your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Math it up game!! Thanks for the freebies :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome freebies! Thanks so much...:) Drop by for a visit sometime!

    Vicky
    Keep Calm & Imagine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just found your blog through Pinterest. Love the Math It Up Game!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the freebie! So excited to find your blog from Kelly Hall's pin on interest! I love finding fourth grade blogs!!! Thanks for sharing!

    Andrea
    One Teacher's Take

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rachelle,
    Thanks for sharing your Math it Up game! I'm so glad I found your blog. I'm your newest follower. Stop by and see me when you get a chance.

    Farrah
    ThinkShareTeach

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your Math it Up revision of the original! Just found you and am now a follower.
    Stop on by and visit.

    Yearn to Learn Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the freebie! I have been looking for numbers like this for weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enormous website along with attractive and exclusive materials whatever you need.
    Freebies

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing this Excellent blog it was a very useful and helpful blog. Get High Profile call girl Well Educated Good Looking Full Cooperative Model Service You Can See Me Compatible Hotels I Can Visit Your Service. For more details click here: Low Price Vip Model Available in Mussoorie

    ReplyDelete